THE QUALITY OF TOTAL FUELS
TOTAL performs quality controls on its fuels throughout the logistics chain in order to ensure the distribution of superior quality fuels.
Fuel development at TOTAL
Researchers work on all of the fuels and put their competence and knowledge in the service of everyone:
The TOTAL strong points are:
- Undisputed technical expertise
- Knowledge of fuels and biofuels
- Exclusive superior quality fuels
- Systematic quality controls
- 3 research centres – 550 researchers
- Partnerships with:
- Car manufacturers and equipment manufacturers
- Independent research centers (universities, laboratories)
- Competence in the service of Formula 1 vehicles and everyday vehicles
TOTAL research and its subsidiary ACS develop specific additives for each fuel. As such, TOTAL proposes superior quality fuels with improved performances thanks to the addition of these additives.
The steps at the storage depot and the loading station
TOTAL regularly monitors the quality of the fuels in its depots. The additives developed by TOTAL research are added to the fuel during the filling of the tanker-trucks, prior to delivery to TOTAL stations.For gasoline, biofuels are added on the basis of the fuel and the applicable regulations.The tanker-truck has several compartments and can supply several stations with different products.
Delivery to Total stations
The tanker-truck equipped with several compartments will distribute TOTAL specific fuels to the TOTAL stations.
Quality controls are performed on a regular basis at the service station in order to ensure the performance level required by TOTAL. All TOTAL fuels contain additives, and therefore offer superior quality.